What Types of Information and Data Does Vermeer Collect, and When Does It Collect This Data?
Vermeer collects various types of Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data. We collect this information when you provide it to us (whether directly or through our dealers and/or representatives) or when you use certain services provided by Vermeer.
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you as a person or business, as well as other information about you that we tie to Personal Information. Personal Information that we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
- "Contact Information" that allows us to identify and communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and language preferences.
- "Relationship Information" that helps us understand who you are what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you.
- "Transactional Information" about how you interact with us, our dealers and business partners, including purchases, services you request, customer service inquiries, and customer account information.
- "Financial Account Information" as needed to complete your purchases, such as credit card information and information about equipment financing and leasing activities.
"Equipment Data" is data generated by, collected by, or stored in your equipment or any hardware or device interfacing with your equipment. Equipment Data includes the following information about your equipment: location, engine hours, fuel consumption, diagnostic information, and other equipment operation and status data.
"Operational Data" is data about how Vermeer's equipment, services, and accessories incorporated on the equipment are performing with respect to particular jobs or other information regarding a customer's processes, operations, operators, jobs, job performance, and the work that the customer performs with its Vermeer equipment. It may also include information or data that is input by a customer into a system or service provided by Vermeer. Accessories incorporated on the equipment include services, hardware, and software purchased or licensed by Vermeer from third parties for incorporation in, with, or on Vermeer equipment. Vermeer equipment also includes certain equipment that is branded as “Vermeer” or otherwise sold by Vermeer or its dealers for use with other Vermeer equipment, such as vacuum equipment and locator systems manufactured by third parties for or in conjunction with Vermeer.
In addition to the methods described above, Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data may be collected by Vermeer from its authorized dealers and distributors as part of its standard business operations, to provide services to the authorized dealers and distributors, and as otherwise agreed pursuant to agreements between Vermeer and such authorized dealers and distributors.
When data is described as “anonymized,” it means that the data is no longer associated with a particular person. When data is described as “aggregated,” it means that such information has been combined with other data in such a way that no person can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
How Vermeer Uses Your Information (the "Purposes")
- To Complete Orders and Provide Requested Services. To fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services or purposes as you may request or direct, such as product delivery, maintenance, warranty service, financing, leasing, or credit services.
- Product and Customer Support. To provide support services, including monitoring and managing the health of your equipment, to deliver upgrades and product improvement communications, and for diagnostics and repairs, product safety, and recalls.
- Marketing and Surveys. To communicate offers for products and services from Vermeer or its dealers, suppliers, or partners, including offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and your location; to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contest, loyalty programs and other promotional events; and to provide other information which may be of interest to you, such as Vermeer company news, catalogs, announcements, reminders, and technical bulletins.
- General Business Purposes. To provide and accomplish standard business tasks, such as payment processing, financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management, website administration, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- As Disclosed at the Time of Collection. In any other manner that we may describe when you provide the information to us.
We use your Operational Data to help you do your job and to provide the specific services you have requested related to that Operational Data. The particular ways we use your Operational Data are set forth in the specific terms of service or contracts that you sign or accept related to the Vermeer services that collect Operational Data. In general, Vermeer and its data service providers may access your Operational Data in personally identifiable form only when necessary to provide our services or administer your account.
In addition, Vermeer reserves the right to use anonymized and aggregated Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data to improve its products and services, to create and publish reports, to conduct statistical analysis about our customers and equipment, and for other activities that do not result in the disclosure of your identifiable information.
When Will Vermeer Disclose Your Information, and Who May Receive It?
Vermeer is committed to being transparent regarding the manner in which we use and disclose your information. We disclose and share your information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data with our affiliated companies, our suppliers, authorized dealers and distributors, and business partners, as needed to accomplish, and consistently with, the Purposes set forth above, or as you authorize or request.
- We may also share Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data with our service providers to fulfill the Purposes on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the information and data, and to only use it in accordance with our instructions.
- We may disclose Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- We will also disclose Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
We understand that your Operational Data is particularly important to your success. For that reason, we do not share your Operational Data in a non-anonymized or non-aggregated form with any parties that are not directly involved in providing services directly to you without your express consent.
As noted above, Vermeer reserves the right to use and disclose anonymized and aggregated Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data to improve its products and services, to create and publish reports, to conduct statistical analysis about our customers and equipment, and for other activities that do not result in the disclosure of your identifiable information.
Website Data Collection, Cookies, and Similar Technology
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. We may also use Adobe Flash Cookies, Microsoft Silverlight, and similar technologies which remember your settings, preferences, and usage in a manner similar to browser cookies to personalize and enhance your online experience, but which are not managed through your browser. To manage your Flash and Silverlight cookies, please see Adobe’s and Microsoft’s websites.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address or derivative of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Vermeer and the website you visit after you leave our site.
Vermeer has relationships with third party advertising companies to perform tracking and reporting functions for our web processing. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies should not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give Personal Information to them as part of this process.
Your Choices and Data Control
You can limit the information you provide to Vermeer. You can also limit the communications that Vermeer sends to you. To opt-out of marketing emails, you can visit our website and communicate your choice to the relevant privacy contact. Alternatively, you may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of marketing emails we send you.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing material, we may still need to contact you with important Transactional Information about your account or your equipment. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from us as well as product safety communications.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface, commonly known as “Do Not Track” settings. All browsers and interfaces are different, so visit the "help" section of your browser or interface to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available. You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with Vermeer, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. In general, Vermeer complies and requests that all of its service providers comply with your “Do Not Track” settings you select using your internet browser(s).
Vermeer complies with applicable law regarding your ability to access, correct, and delete your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you may be able to log into your account to access and update certain information you provided to us. For Personal Information that is not linked to an online account, for assisting in opting-out of communications, or if you need assistance updating or deleting your Personal Information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
Information and Data Security
Vermeer has implemented an information and data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information, Equipment Data, and Operational Data.
Transfer of Information, Transfers to Other Countries
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
Vermeer does not intend to collect Personal Information from children aged 13 and under on our website. If you believe that your child is using our website, please contact us at email@example.com so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate information.
Forums and Plug-Ins to Social Media and Other Third Party Services
Our website may contain forums, bulletin boards, and other areas where you can publicly post product reviews, communicate with others, and submit media content. You have no privacy rights in any public postings. All information you post will be accessible to anyone with internet access, and any Personal Information that you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a product review, you may receive unsolicited messages. Use caution and good judgment when posting any Personal Information.
In addition, Vermeer’s websites may also contain links, plug-ins, APIs, and other tools that enable you to share content on our website or your own content through third party social media or other services (such a Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other services). All use of such third party services, including through links found on our website, shall be considered public information and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of such third party services.
Amendments and Changes
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information below.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Privacy, Legal Department
1210 Vermeer Road East
Pella, IA 50219 USA